Today’s post is for the new feature #sixforsunday , which is hosted by Steph at A Little But A Lot. Today’s prompt is six plot lines/types of characters you love in books, so let’s begin 😊
1. Dogs – one of my very favourite things to find in a book is a faithful dog that the main character can always depend on no matter what. Emma Carroll has fantastic dogs in all but one of her books, and they’re also gorgeously illustrated on the cover by Julian de Narvaez. Another dog I adore in books is Drift in Helen Moss’s Adventure Island series, who is so clever and cute.
2. A foreign setting – I adore books which transport me to another country, such as Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, One Italian Summer by Keris Stainton and every book in the Geek Girl series by Holly Smale.
3. A gorgeous romance that isn’t the whole plot of the book – I really like books where the main character has a really nice romance plot as well as another plot. Examples of this would be all 3 books in Holly Bourne’s Spinster Club trilogy (which are all round incredible in general) and This Raging Light by Estelle Laure.
4. An awesome villain – I love books which have a super sinister villain, such as Moonlocket by Peter Bunzl (which I talked about in my May Reviews post on Thursday) which has an escaped prisoner called Jack Door who is super creepy or the downright chilling Lucretia Cutter from M.G Leonard’s Battle of the Beetles trilogy.
5. Books which are told through letters/other media forms e.g text messages such as Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher and the Next Together by Lauren James.
6. A brave, likable prontagonist- this one’s quite simple, but I really like when I find a book with a main character I fall in love with because they’re just so brave and brilliant, such as Sam in Sally Nicholls’s Ways to Live Forever or Ade in Polly Ho-Yen stunning Boy in the Tower.
So there you have it: my #sixforsunday about things I love to find in books. Hope you enjoyed the post; would be very grateful if you could let me know in the comments or on Twitter @GoldenBooksGirl .
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday