Hi everybody! Happy weekend! 😊
I’m not going to tag anyone as most bloggers I know well have already been tagged, but if you want to write a post feel free! The rules are:
- Thank the bloggers who nominated you.
- Describe how/why your blog started
- Give 2 pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Tag 15 bloggers (although I wouldn’t worry too much about this one seeing I’ve just broke it, and I’ve barely seen a single post which tags 15)
How My Blog Began
I actually wrote a guest post about the reasons WHY my blog started on Monday (which you can check out on my Guest Posts page)
What I’ll talk about instead though, is how/when it started. Even though I didn’t write a proper post till the start of June, I’d been working on this idea for years. I’ve always wanted a blog, and so when I didn’t have any exams left and I was still on study leave for a week something inside me just snapped and I realised if I didn’t just jump in and do it I probably never would.
I thought of a name and set up my Twitter that day, and two days later, I wrote my first bookish post (May Reviews).
And the rest (as they don’t really say), is very recent history…
I’m not at all experienced in blogging, and therefore I feel supremely underqualified in giving advice. But I’ll try my best 😉
1. Try not to worry too much – this is a very difficult piece of advice to take, and one I struggle with personally on a daily basis, but the less you worry about how well you’re doing and more on your actual posts and making some blogging buddies on Twitter and other social media sites, the better your blog will become and it’s so much more likely to be a success.
2. Have fun- Linked to the above, have fun with it. If you don’t like a meme theme, skip it! If you spot a tag you want to do, do it! If you want to write a post about Disney immediately after one about books, do it! Don’t want to review a book you hated? DON’T DO IT! I follow all of these rules, as I know if I didn’t I wouldn’t have fun. If you aren’t enjoying blogging it will show in your posts, and there really isn’t much point.
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed the post 😊
See you soon with a new post (no Tuesday post this week as I’m involved in a special project on another blog that day, but I’m super excited to share Thursday’s with you!)