Today, I’m taking part in the #sixforsunday meme, which is hosted by Steph. I took part in lots of these in my first weeks of blogging but haven’t really since I started scheduling my posts in advance, until Steph announced all of the topics last week! So today, I’m going to be writing about some of my favourite fictional worlds 😊
Let’s get on with the post!
1. Demidova in Prisoner of Ice and Snow by Ruth Lauren- This is an icy, snowy, Russian-inspired setting that felt phenomenally developed. I cannot WAIT to discover even more of it in the sequel next year!
2. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter- I feel like this is going to be on every list this week, as it should be. I was very late to Harry Potter (aged 14) and I still wished with every chapter that I could just jump in and live in this world. Going back for rereads (which I’ve done about 5 or 6 times in a year and a half), it really is like going home.
3. Zavania from the Worlds of Wishes series by Carol Barton– This series is so, so amazing and it makes me sad how few people have heard of it! Zavania is a beautiful kingdom and the adventures the characters go on show this wonderfully, and are also just perfect middle grade fantasy adventures. I really must reread these again soon!
4. Alternate London from the Lockwood and Co series by Jonathan Stroud- This series is one of my favourites in general, and the remaining of London is so spooky and imaginative. I wouldn’t want to live there, but by goodness it’s good fun to read about it!
And now for a few non fantasy worlds to finish off…
5. Castle Key from the Adventure Island series by Helen Moss- I can’t tell you how much I’d love to live on Castle Key. It’s filled with brilliant characters and gorgeous beaches and yummy places to eat, and plenty of mysteries to solve. It’s right up my street (how I wish I meant this literally! 😭).
6. Stoneybrook from the Babysitters Club series by Ann M Martin- Even though the BSC books are filled with plot holes/dodgy timelines, I love them. They’re basically my ultimate comfort books, and I’ve devoured them so many times I really do feel like I’m a resident of Stoneybrook and I’m right there with the characters.
Thank you so much for reading! I’d love to hear your favourite fictional settings in the comments below or on Twitter @GoldenBooksGirl
See you soon with a new post