Hello everybody! Today, I’m going to be playing the bookworm edition of Would You Rather, which I found on Chrikaru. Onto the post!
1. Would you rather have a friend who loses your books, or one who dog-ears them?
One who dog ears them. A slightly scruffy book is a hell of a lot better than no book at all.
2. Would you rather secretly love a book everyone else hates, or secretly hate a book everyone else loves?
I’ve done the second (I really didn’t enjoy what was one of the most hyped books of 2017) and it’s not that hard to keep quiet about because I don’t like talking about hating books much anyway so I’d definitely say that.
3. Would you rather be stuck on a very long plane or train ride without a book?
I don’t really take a lot of either. Probably a train journey because I struggle to read on those anyway due to motion sickness, plus they’re usually shorter.
4. Would you rather have dinner with your favorite author or your favorite character?
I don’t really have just one of either, but I think I’d say author as I could learn all about their worlds from the people who created them and learn so much. Also, I know one of the people I’d consider a favourite author (Holly Smale) is absolutely hilarious and has amazing anecdotes after seeing her at Edinburgh Book Festival so she’d be a brilliant dinner companion!
5. Would you rather date a character you have a crush on or your crush from real life?
A book crush, because no real human could ever be as wonderful and romantic as Nick (aka Liom Boy) from the Geek Girl series.
6. Would you rather have your favorite book turned into a movie, or your favorite movie turned into a book?
I really don’t think Pretty in Pink would work in book format (you’d be robbed of the utter joy that is the Try a Little Tenderness scene, for a start), so I’d much rather see a book I consider a favourite adapted to screen. Very, very carefully, obviously, because my preciouses deserve only the best.
7. Would you rather read a book with an annoying cliffhanger, or one where your favorite character is killed off?
I do often cry when characters die, but I’d rather that than a cliffhanger. Cliffhangers irk me till the next book arrives (or worse still, forever, in the case of standalones with abrupt endings).
8. Would you rather lose the ability to read any new books, or the ability to reread books you’ve already read?
While I’d hate to not be able to reread favourites, I’d go for reading new releases because amazing books are released pretty much every week and I’d hate not to be able to read the ones that interest me.
9. Would you rather live in a library or a bookstore?
Probably a library, because I know that between my local library and nearest bookshop, the library comes out much better when you compare the comfy seating options.
10. Would you rather lose your place or get a paper cut every time you read a book?
Lose my place. I drop books a lot so I’m quite used to needing to find it and keeping track of roughly where I am.
11. Would you rather have to always read in the dark, or always read books with tiny text?
I’d really struggle with either because I have atrocious eyesight, but I suppose tiny text.
12. Would you rather read by a fireplace, or on the beach?
By a fireplace, on a nice comfy couch with a blanket and golden retriever for company.
Would you agree with my choices, or go for the other option? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @GoldenBooksGirl!