Hello everybody! Today, I’m going to do the Currently Reading Book Tag, which I saw on Writing with Wolves a few months ago and have fancied doing since. Onto the post!
1. How Many Books Do You Usually Read At Once?
Except under very rare circumstances, such as the time when I was doing a readathon and left my current read downstairs when I went upstairs specifically to read so started a new book, I am a one book at a time sort of girl. If I’m reading an anthology I sometimes do that alongside a book too.
2. If You’re Reading More Than One Book At A Time, How Do You Decide When To Switch To Reading The Other Book?
Like I just said above, I don’t do this often. I get very stressed when I do though, and end up racing to finish one so I’m back to only reading one at a time.
3. Do You Ever Switch Bookmarks Whilst You’re Part Way Through A Book?
I do sometimes. I sometimes start hankering after a specific bookmark for no reason, and change it immediately.
4. Where Do You Keep The Book You’re Currently Reading?
With me, as far as possible. I very rarely go anywhere without it, even if I know full well I won’t be reading it.
5. What Time Of Day Do You Spend The Most Time Reading?
I don’t have a set time, but I quite often read before bed (though I’ve been too tired to get through much recently). I like reading in bed in the morning too.
6. How Long Do You Typically Read For In One Go?
Again, this varies a lot! I sometimes only read a few chapters at a time, but then other times I’ll read nearly 100 pages in one go. My pace can be slow with books I love and am less keen on too; it’s pretty random.
7. Do You Read Hardbacks With The Dust Jacket On Or Off?
If I try and read them with them off, the dust jacket never finds its way back onto the book, so as much as I hate them I do read them with them on. My hatred of dust jackets is one of my main reasons for trying to get almost all the books I want in hardback from the library, where possible. I only make exceptions for books where my library isn’t getting the book in and I have to be SUPER excited for the book too.
8. Which Position Do You Mainly Use To Read?
Probably half sitting/half lying down, as I often read on the couch or in bed.
9. Do You Take The Book You’re Currently Reading With You Everywhere You Go?
I accidentally answered this in question 4, oops 🙈.
10. How Often Do You Update Your Progress In The Book You’re Currently Reading On GoodReads?
Never! I don’t really use Goodreads to update my progress often, but I always add my reviews whenever my monthly reviews post goes up and I love having all my reading info collated there, such as my most read authors and when I read certain things and how I rated them etc.
I loved that this tag was a little bit different to most tags, even though I enjoy them all, so I hope you liked learning about some of my reading habits! I’d love to hear about yours in the comments!