Hello everybody! Today, I’m mixing up my posting schedule for the week, as I really wanted to do this post (which I found on Scorpio Book Dreams) in honour of it being Halloween today. Onto the post!
1) Favorite scary, must-read for Halloween?
I don’t really read a lot of creepy books, and I’d never reread it, but Close Your Pretty Eyes is a recommendation I can give you for one. I also found Stacey and The Haunted Masquerade pretty scary when I read it the first time (when I was maybe 9 or 10, don’t judge). The same goes for the first two Babysitters’ Club Super Mysteries too, actually!
2) Scariest book cover, like ever?
Probably Frozen Charlotte or Say Her Name give me the creeps the most, and have guaranteed I will almost certainly never read the books.
3) If you could go trick-or-treating with any author, who would you pick?
Katherine Webber, hands down. She dresses up/cosplays quite a lot and the photos she posts of them on her Twitter/Instagram are AMAZING.
4) If you could dress up as any bookish character for Halloween, who would you be?
I did a whole post about this yesterday, but of all those the one I most want to do (even though she’s also the only one I’ve already done…) is definitely Cruella de Vil.
5) If you could find anything (from any book) in your trick-or-treat stash, what would you hope to find?
An animal companion who speaks to me is the dream. Mr Prickles fromAlex Sparrow and the Furry Fury or Scratch (who’s an enchanted object rather than an animal) from the Uncommoners books would be my top choices.
6) In what fictional world would you like to go trick-or-treating?
The Chocolate Box Girls series by Cathy Cassidy, because I’d get to meet the Tanberries and sample the delicious sounding chocolates they sell.
7) What book villain would you not like to meet alone in a dark alley on Halloween?
Um, any of them. But especially Lucretia Cutter, because much as I like the beetles in the series she is from I find them slightly creepy in real life (other than ladybirds, because they’re lovely)
8.) Would you rather dress up as a vampire, zombie, werewolf, or shadowhunter?
A vampire; it’d be the most glamorous and least difficult costume to put together.
9) Pick a candy (just one) from Harry Potter that you would love to find in your stash?
100% a chocolate frog.
10) What is your favourite Halloween candy?
My favourite thing to find in trick or treat bags was always Haribo goldbears, which used to be much harder to get hold of than they are now. I’m especially a fan of the pineapple flavour.
What was your favourite thing to find in Halloween bags? Which animal sidekick would you mlst want for your own? Let me know in the comments!