Hello everybody! Today, to celebrate her birthday, I’ve decided to do the updated version of the Taylor Swift Book Tag, which was created by Books and Cleverness. Onto the post!
1. Welcome to New York- Name your favorite city or setting for a book, real or fictional.
New York, Tokyo and Paris are probably my real world favourites. I have way too many fantasy ones to list!
2. Blank Space- Name your favorite book with an unreliable narrator.
Olivia from Close Your Pretty Eyes is pretty unreliable, I think, as she thinks people are against her when they aren’t and tries to convince the reader this is true? She isn’t a traditionally likeable character at all, but I felt so much sympathy for her that I was so fond of her by the end and just wanted her to be happy.
3. Style- Name your favorite couple who’s had their ups and downs, but in the end stay together.
I think Paige and Max from The Start of Me and You would fit for this? I genuinely couldn’t work out how they were going to end up for the most of the book because they kept falling out and breaking up. I love them together so much, and I can’t wait to see them in next year’s sequel the Map from Here to There. They’d BETTER still be a couple by the end of it though!
4. Out of the Woods- Name your favorite book where the main character is tested.
Morrigan from Nevermoor has to undergo a series of trials to gain entry into the Wundrous Society, so I’ll say that. It’s a such a wonderful, magical story that feels like a future classic.
5. Bad Blood- Name your favorite pair of enemies or rivals.
I think this would have to be Scarlet/Violet and Ivy/Penny in the first Scarlet and Ivy book The Lost Twin. It was so exciting seeing the former unfold in the diary entries from the past and the latter become super tense in the present. Things get pretty vicious in both timelines! That series is great at rivalry/enemy type relationships in just about all of the books.
6. Wildest Dreams- Name your favorite whirlwind romance, that ended too soon.
Sophia and Jamie from Seven Days of You. I really liked the rest of the book, but I was so disappointed in how things ended for them.
7. I Know Places- Name your favorite character that’s on the run.
Patch from A Darkness of Dragons is on the run in A Darkness of Dragons, because he played an illegal magical Song, and I LOVED that when I read it a few months ago.
8. Clean- Share your favorite book about new beginnings.
The Elephant Thief fits this perfectly- it follows Danny as he leaves his street urchin life full of terror behind and tries to make a new, happier life for himself by impressing the owners of Belle Vue, where he wants to work with elephant Maharajah.
9. Look What You Made Me Do- Who’s your favorite anti-hero, that owns their reputation?
I have majorly struggled with this and I’m not sure she fully fits as I wouldn’t normally consider her a full on anti hero, but Valor from the Demidova books does some pretty morally questionable stuff (especially in book one, when she lands herself in prison!). I love her though.
10. …Ready For It?- Name your favorite character who takes back what’s theirs.
Sami from the Eleventh Trade. He’s an absolute sweetheart, and the book focuses on him trying to regain the stolen family rebab that means everything to both his grandfather and him.
11. Gorgeous- Name a relationship that began with flirtatious teasing
Nick and Harriet from Geek Girl totally fit this- I love their meet cute SO MUCH and their banter just gets even better from then on. Also, isn’t it somewhat of a Christmas miracle that I got to the last question of a tag before I made a reference to this series?
If you’re a fan of Taylor Swift, I tag you!
What’s your favourite Taylor Swift song? What are your thoughts on the books I’ve mentioned? I’d love to hear in the comments!
3 thoughts on “The New Taylor Swift Book Tag”
There are too many books on here that I haven’t read.
holy crap I have so many fav Taylor songs 😂😂 I can’t choose lmao
LikeLiked by 1 person