Hello everybody! Today, I’m going to be doing the Totally Should Have tag, which I found on Charlotte’s blog. Onto the post!
1. Totally should have gotten a sequel
I would really like a sequel to the Eye of the North by Sinéad O’ Hart, and I really wish Brightstorm had been a series too! I’m very excited to read their respective authors’ new standalones though.
2. Totally should have had a spin-off series
Ooh this is hard. I’d quite like a spin off series about the Junior Pinkertons from Murder Most Unladylike, I think.
3. An author who totally should write more books
I desperately need more upper MG from Lari Don and Polly Ho-Yen!
4. A character who totally should have ended up with someone else
I honestly can’t think of anyone. I guess I’m pretty lucky with ships…
5. Totally should have ended differently
The only thing I can think of is How to Bee. I didn’t hate the ending, but I found it very confusing and it didn’t fit the book, in my opinion.
6. Totally should have had a movie franchise
I would love for Nevermoor/Wundersmith to be adapted! But only if they were done faithfully and fantastically, obvs.
7. Totally should have had a TV Show
The Murder Most Unladylike books would work really well as TV shows. You could have a mini series of 3 or 4 for each book!
8. Totally should have only had one point of view
I’d keep two viewpoints of this (Blanca and Roja’s), but it could have done without Yearling and Page’s to be honest. They were really confusing at the beginning!
9. Totally should have a cover change
The Summer of Telling Tales has a horrible cover that definitely doesn’t fit the tone of the book, and it really deserves a better cover design!
10. Totally should’ve kept the original covers
Ooh this is hard! It was never actually printed because it got changed pre-release, but I much preferred the original cover of Paper Avalanche. I’m still very much looking forward to reading it, but I don’t like the new one very much at all!
11. Totally should’ve stopped at book one
While I did like Lou Out of Luck, it wasn’t a patch on Girl Out of Water and so I kind of wish it had just been left as a standalone…
Do you have any thoughts on the books I’ve mentioned? Are any on your TBR, or do you want to read any now? I’d love to hear in the comments!