Hello everybody! Today, I’m going to be doing the 30 Interesting Questions tag, which I was tagged for by Sarah. Onto the post!
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
I don’t really have any that people actually call me. I’d quite like one, but Amy is pretty hard to shorten so I don’t really blame people for not trying to give me one…
2. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
Very rarely. I have no artistic talent so anything I do doodle tends to look nothing like what it was intended to. And very messy. If I am doodling it’s probably hearts.
3. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
It depends on why. If I can’t sleep because I don’t feel well I generally read to take my mind off it, if it’s just general unable to sleep I toss and turn.
4. Do people consider you to be talkative or quiet?
I think it depends on if they know me well. I can be both depending on the situation- it largely depends on whether or not I’m comfortable with the other person/people. Someone called me shy recently which was quite unexpected- even though I might be, I don’t see myself as shy as such.
5. What makes you cry?
I didn’t realise this until I started blogging but I cry ALL the time. Books, films, TV shows, random things I see on social media, things that happen to me, things that happen to others etc etc…
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Rude or otherwise unpleasant people, in all their myriad forms…
7. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
I don’t know really. I have a full wall mirror in my room and there’s two in our living room as well so probably quite a lot without really trying? I only tend to do it on purpose if I’m getting ready e.g. checking how clothes look, putting on lipstick.
8. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
That the Happy Gang were secretly monsters who lived in my cupboard. I was 6, don’t judge me.
9. What is the guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
The Only Way is Essex- I’m really fond of some of the cast and I just enjoy watching it. Especially when there’s good drama going on…
10. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
My mum! She’s so thoughtful to pretty much everyone.
11. How often do you read the newspaper? Which sections?
Not that often, if we’re talking physical newspapers. A lot if reading them online counts, and I read loads of different things but mostly political articles or entertainment ones.
12. Which animal scares you the most?
Magpies. I am very superstitious about them.
13. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage with it?
14. What is the most recent compliment you’ve received?
At the time of writing, it’s that Cora told me she loved my lipstick in the below picture, which I was really happy about because I’d just got it after having looked for that shade for ages with no luck. And it matches my purple walking stick perfectly too, which is brilliant
15. What question are you tired of hearing?
I can’t think of a question, but something I am mightily sick of is the way people react to my using a walking stick in public- double takes, people dragging their children away like I intend to curse them etc. I do not enjoy the majority of people in general, but these ones particularly irk me.
16. What is the strangest thing you have eaten?
I mistook a piece of dog kibble for a chew nut once, so that. I spat it out, obviously,
17. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends?
I think both!
18. Do you have a catchphrase?
My family claim I overuse the word apparently to a ridiculous degree.
19. What’s your all-time favourite town or city? Why?
I’m having a county, and it is Northumberland. It is beautiful and I love it there.
20. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
Probably my middle name, which I prefer. If I was being inventive I think maybe Francesca?
21. When was the last time you lied?
I honestly don’t know? I think it might have been when I said I was sorry for emailing my old English teacher from the past academic year- I wasn’t. I wouldn’t have had to if she’d bothered to respond to the previous ones…
22. What’s something that amazes you?
So many things! But I think I’ll go for the invention of languages- I can’t imagine mine without learning foreign languages and the links between different languages fascinate me.
23. Would you rather be the first person to explore a planet or be the inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease?
The inventor of the drug that cures the illness. I have no interest in exploring planets.
24. What is your favourite amateur activity?
I don’t really know- is blogging an amateur activity?
25. What was your first thought when you got up this morning?
What’s that noise? (I can’t even remember what it was now!)
26. What is your favourite song (at least at the moment)?
I’m glad this specifies at the moment because I could never pick just one favourite song! I’ve been listening to Share Your Address by Ben Platt a lot since it randomly came up on my Spotify the other night and it’s so romantic and lovely. I’m pretty sure I harp on about my fave artists enough for you to know who they are, but a song I love you might not know about is Another Love by Tom Odell. And I’m super into the Killers right now!
27. List someone you know and describe them in five words.
I’m going to do Sarah, since she tagged me for this in the first place!
She is: An excellent blogger who writes posts I thoroughly enjoy, excellent at giving advice and solving problems, much more technologically capable than I will ever be, immensely knowledgeable about the NHS and someone who makes me laugh often. I could keep going!
28. You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question. Who would you select and what would the question be?
Charlotte picked a really inventive one for this so I feel under pressure to do something equally clever! However, my actual answer is that I’d want Don McLean to explain all the lyrics of American Pie to me. I love that song and can sing a ridiculous amount of it from memory, so it annoys me that no one knows the meaning of some parts at all and we don’t know any of the theories are true for absolute sure.
29. Which celebrity or artist do you resemble the most?
Someone once told me I looked like Katy Perry (I think it was Charlotte), but I think I look like Edna Mode from the Incredibles.
30. What do you want me to know?
Oh I don’t know. I can’t think of anything so I’ll tell you that I’m watching Desperate Housewives as I write this and I’m so sad it’s coming to an end soon. I only have half of season 7 and the final season left.
What would your answers to some of these be? Did you learn anything about me you didn’t before? I’d love to hear in the comments!