Hello everybody! Today, I’m going to be doing the Shadowhunters book Tag, to talk about some of my opinions on the series. Onto the post!
WARNING: if you haven’t read Shadowhunters, there will very likely be lots of spoilers in this post! If you want to avoid them, now is the time to click away.
1. Who is your favourite character?
Ooh that’s hard! I’m very fond of Alec, Luke and Simon in TMI, Jem and Tessa and Charlotte are some I love from TID and Julian’s definitely my fave in TDA, along with Diana. And I like Matthew best in TLH.
2. Who is your OTP?
Has to be Malec, you just can’t beat them! It makes me so happy seeing them married with kids now.
3. What is your favourite quote from any of the books?
I am the WORST at remembering quotes, but I had a look on Goodreads and found a couple I liked.
“Only the very weak-minded refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry.” and
“Jesus!” Luke exclaimed.
“Actually, it’s just me,” said Simon. “Although I’ve been told the resemblance is startling.”
4. Who is the sexiest Shadowhunter in the series?
If you want my honest answer, it’s Luke hands down for me. Yes I know he’s too old for me, don’t judge me! Although he’s technically not a Shadowhunter anymore, maybe Julian then?
5. If you had any Shadowhunter last name, what would it be?
I really like lots of them! I hate my own surname because it’s really boring and common, so I think I’d maybe pick something pretty like Lightwood or Lovelace.
6. Who is your favourite actor in the TV-show?
I think it has to be Matt Daddario, although I really like Isaiah Mustafa as well. I think he’s amazing as Luke, I like him even more than the book version. And I love the guy who plays Rafael!
7. Who is your favourite actress in the TV-show?
Probably Emeraude Tobia? Although it’s really just because I don’t think Katherine McNamara was that great as Clary and I can’t think of anyone else.
8. Would you rather listen to Jace playing the piano, Jem playing the violin or play video-games with Simon?
Jace playing the piano. I’m not very keen on violins, and while I like Simon I don’t especially like video games.
9. If you could have one rune tattooed on your body, which one would it be?
I saw someone with an iratze one I really liked! Maybe that? Or a parabatai one would be cool.
10. What Downworlder would you most likely be?
I don’t know what I would be necessarily, but I’d want to be a warlock.
11. TMI or TID?
1000% the Infernal Devices!
12. Who is your most hated character from the books?
Other than the villains, who I obviously don’t like, those Riders of Mannan people got right on my nerves. Mostly because I really don’t like the word ‘slew’ and they just wouldn’t stop saying it.
13. If you could spend a day with any character who would it be?
Oh my God that’s hard! I think Magnus would be so fun to spend the day with.
14. What is your favourite book out of all the Shadowhunter books?
I gave Lady Midnight and all the TID books 5 stars, so I guess it’s a 4 way tie?
15. Which book had the worst cliffhanger?
The one at the end of Queen of Air and Darkness stressed me right out. I’m not looking forward to seeing more of Janus between that and the story in Ghosts of the Shadow Market.
16. What is your favourite scene from any of the books?
I’d love to tell you it was something really poignant, but it’s not. I love the bit in Clockwork Princess where Benedict Lightwood turns into that demon worm thing, it was hilarious!
17. James or William?
Jem. This might get me shunned on book Twitter but I really don’t like Will much. I’ll give him he’s less annoying in the Last Hours so far though, once he’s grown up.
18. If you could meet Cassie and say one thing to her what would it be?
On one hand I’d like to thank her for giving me a really cool world to escape into this year, but I’d also love to know what her obsession is with incest in her stories, especially the fanfiction she write about the Weasleys.
19. If you could play one character in the TV-show, who would it be?
Jocelyn, because I really didn’t like the actress and thought she ruined the character, who I actually quite like in the books. Plus I’d get to be with Luke!
Thank you so much for reading! Have you read this series? I’d love to hear some of your opinions in the comments!