Hello everybody! Today, I’m going to be doing the 90s Movies book tag, which I found on Tsam’s blog. Onto the post!
Continue reading “The 90s Movies Book Tag”
Hello everybody! Today, I’m doing my anticipated releases for May post a couple of days early, because I have some really exciting posts planned for next week, including an author interview. Onto the post!
Hello everybody! Today, I’m going to be chatting about some of the Christmas books I’ve been reading, most of which are from this year but the first one is actually one I read last December when I was being rubbish and utterly failing to post reviews. I also want to say sorry that this post is a bit later than intended. Anyway, I’ve really loved reading all of these, so I hope you can find something you like the sound of in here too!
Hello everybody! Today, I’m going to be doing the Mid Year Freakout Tag- I’ve done it every year since I started blogging and even though it’s a few weeks past midyear now I still wanted a 2020 version to look back on. Onto the post!
Hello everybody! Today, I’m going to be doing the Not Good Enough Tag, which Charlotte did the other day. The idea is to write down 30 characters, pick random pairs and then decide which one of them would be best for each of the prompts- it was SO much fun to do. Onto the post!
1. You have only one spot left on your spelling bee team – who do you pick?
Peeta Mellark and Aline Penhallow- I feel like both of those of these would be pretty decent at this, so I’ll go with Aline on the basis that I like her more.
2. Both characters want to kill you, which one would you kill first so you have a better chance of surviving?
Zara Dearborn and Morrigan Crow- definitely Zara. She’s deceptively dangerous for someone who is so utterly stupid, and it’d honestly be a pleasure to eradicate her from the planet. I HATED her when I read the Dark Artifices last month.
3. You’re on the bachelor / bachelorette and you’re down to these two characters, which one are you going to give your rose to?
Inspector Priestly (of Murder Most Unladylike fame) and Robin Cooper (who is from the brilliant upcoming book BOY QUEEN)- I love you Robin, but Inspector Priestly gets my rose hands down, every time.
4. You’ve been chosen for The Hunger Games, who would most likely volunteer in your place?
David (Truly Devious) and Daisy Wells- definitely Daisy! She’d probably win, as well.
5. You’re stranded on an island. Which character would you sacrifice to engage in cannibalism?
Tanya Fairchild and Darrell Rivers- I like both very much and also, like Charlotte, wouldn’t eat someone, so neither.
6. You’re the next DC/ Marvel superhero (with your own TV show of course). Who is your sidekick?
Echo Quickthorn (main character of ECHO QUICKTHORN AND THE GREAT BEYOND, which is out July 23rd and I’m really enjoying at the time of writing!) And Angelique Squerr- this is so hard but I think Angelique would be a superhero in her own right, so I’ll go for Echo.
7. You’re the manager of an avocado admiring company. Who would you fire for lack of communication skills?
Cruella de Vil and Harriet Manners- now, I’ll admit Harriet doesn’t have very good communication skills, but Cruella de Vil. I could NEVER fire Harriet, and I’d want rid of Cruella for being so cruel to dogs anyway.
8. You’ve just finished a book in which your favourite character dies, which character is most likely to comfort you?
Annabel Manners and Jupiter North- I ADORE Annabel, but she’s not really the comforting people type so I think it has to be Jupiter (who I also love a lot!)
9. Ugh, it’s high school. Who would most likely be part of the popular clique?
Felix Mountfitchet and Gemma (from Gemma’s Not Sure)- definitely Felix, he’s so charming and he’d just fit right in.
10. The day has arrived: you’re finally a year older. Who would have the nerve to forget your birthday?
Hermione Granger and Nick Hidaka- I hate to say it because I love him, but Nick. He doesn’t forget Harriet’s birthday, but he does ruin coming to see her so he’s got prior.
11. You’ve just found an upcoming booktube star? Who would it most likely be?
Raphael Santiago and Evelyn (The Light Between World)- Raphael wouldn’t put himself on the Internet if you paid him, so I guess Evie? But I don’t feel like it’s really her vibe either.
12. Sleepover time! Unfortunately you can only invite one person, who would you invite?
Harry Potter and Hagrid- god, both sound a bit grim tbh. I guess Harry? He IS very funny to be fair. I’m not a Hagrid fan at all.
13. Bam, you’re pregnant. Who’s the father / mother?
Simon Spier and Jem Carstairs- ahhh this is so hard because I love both of them in their canon couples SO much. Jem though, I think.
14. You’ve just written a super-important text. Who would ‘see’ it but not reply?
Ezra Squall and Jamie (If I Never Met You)- I think Ezra would definitely do this! Although in all honesty so would Jamie, probably.
15. You’ve just woken up and it’s time for breakfast. Your mum’s been replaced by … who?
Emma Carstairs and Belle (Beauty and the Beast, yes I know it’s a film and not a book but I was tired when I wrote these out so I’m keeping it!)- honestly neither, but Emma. She’s very good at being a maternal figure to the Blackthorn kids throughout the Dark Artifices even though she’s so young.
Hello everybody! Today, I’m doing the #BookternetGivesBack challenge, which was created by Rachael-Marie to raise money for COVID-19 relief funds and which I saw on my lovely friend Ross’s blog. The idea is to go through the list of popular books in the bookish community, and talk about whether you’ve read and why/why not. Onto the post!
Hello everybody! Today, I’m going to be chatting about my most anticipated June releases- none of these have been postponed yet at the time of writing this, so I’m hoping these will actually still be coming out on time. Onto the post!
Hello everybody! At the end of last year I fell in love with a show, to the point that when I finished it in January I immediately started rewatching it. As you’ll likely have guessed from the title, this show was One Tree Hill, and since I’m coming to the end of my rewatch very soon I thought it would be fun todo the book tag I found based on the show, which also contains my opinions about the characters mentioned in the prompts for extra fun! Onto the post!