Welcome to day 6 of blogmas! Today, I’m going to be doing the Christmas book tag, which is a few years old but super fun to do, and was created by Kate. Onto the books!
I’ve actually written a whole post about this for a guest post during blogmas, so I’ll say one not on there. I’d love to spend Christmas with Kristy’s family from the Babysitters Club (though if Karen could perhaps go elsewhere that would be much appreciated, as I love all her family members except Karen)
2) A bookish item you would like to receive as a gift?
Ooh, this one is hard! I really wanted Primark’s Marauders t-shirt a few months ago and haven’t found one, so I think I’ll go for that.
3) A fictional character you think would make the perfect Christmas elf?
Wilbur from the Geek Girl series would be an absolutely exceptional elf. He’s quirky, generous, wants the best for everybody and is almost always upbeat and perky.
4) Match a book to its perfect Christmas song
The anthology Winter Magic reminds me of Winter Wonderland as we get to see so many amazing wintry worlds .
5) Bah Hambug. A book or fictional character you’ve been disappointed in and should be put on the naughty list?
I was very disappointed in Things a Bright Girl Can Do by Sally Nicholls (which I DNFed as I couldn’t connect with it at all) as I’ve loved everything she’s written previously and I’ve been waiting on it for years.
6) A book or a fictional character you think deserves more love and appreciation and deserve to be put in the nice list?
Boy in the Tower by Polly Ho-Yen. Barely anyone I know has read it and it’s my favourite standalone middle grade book of all time. (Closely followed by The Girl Who Walked on Air by Emma Carroll, which I feel is also the least loved of her books)
7) Red, Gold and Green. A book cover that has a wonderfully Christmasy feel to it
The cover for the Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries Christmassy book, Mistletoe and Murder, is a gorgeous deep red with lots of little Christmas illustrations by Nina Tara.
8) A book or series you love so much, you want everyone to find under their Christmas tree this year so they can read it and love it too?
Let’s go for my absolute book of the year and say Running on the Roof of the World, shall we? I’ll be blogging about all of my 2017 favourites later in blogmas too, so look out for that!
Thank you for reading! I’m not going to tag anyone in this as I know lots of people schedule all their blogmas posts in advance, but if you’re in need of a post feel free to say I tagged you to do this! Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @GoldenBooksGirl what you think of my book choices!