Hello everybody! Today, I’m back with another post (two in one week, my goodness I’m getting back on track, touch wood!) And this time I’m answering the questions Lily set me in the Sunshine Blogger Award. Onto the post!
1. Do you judge a book by it’s cover?
I’ve been trying to do this less, but from time to time, absolutely I do. I’m such a magpie; shiny things are like catnip for me!
2. What marginalized rep would you most strongly like to see more of in books?
More disability rep would be fantastic, because currently there is PRECIOUS little. I’d particularly appreciate it if I could see some characters who use walking sticks that aren’t either villains or elderly. Like even just one person would be an improvement!!
3. Which trope can you not live without and which trope needs to get in the sea?
The trope of people with walking sticks being evil has popped up far too much recently, and that can most definitely get in the sea. I also hate the whole boy comes along and cures a girl who is ill thing. It’s irritating and inaccurate and frankly unnecessary. Judge me all you like, but I bloody love a love triangle. They’re so fun!!
4. Would you rather read a great plot with mediocre characters, or a boring plot with amazing characters?
The boring plot with amazing characters! If I don’t like the characters, I almost certainly won’t enjoy a book. Which is why I don’t generally get on great with things that have unlikable narrators!
5. Contemporary, Historical, Dystopian or Fantasy you can only read one setting for a year what would you pick?
This is IMPOSSIBLE. Dystopian is obvs discounted, but I really love the other three. I’d probably go for fantasy.
6. Which actor (or literary character) would play you in a film of your life and why?
Oh God, I don’t know. I don’t really think I look like any actors? And they’d need to be Scottish, which narrows things down even further. Anyone got any suggestions…?
7. Which writer/author would you want to adapt the screenplay of your life story?
Holly Smale, hands down. She’s got a dead similar sense of humour and to be honest I’m so like Harriet Manners, it’d be a breeze for her!
8. Inspired by the old movie The Day After Tomorrow, An apocalyptic event has occurred and you are taking shelter in a vast public library. If you don’t burn books you will die, what will you burn whilst waiting for rescue and what would you fight to the death to preserve for the future of mankind?
I’d burn all the thick ones, because occasionally I’m actually sensible and I’d rather not die. Inkheart would be quite a good choice maybe given it’s quite long and I didn’t really like it? I don’t really know what I’d want to preserve. If I’m honest, I’d be selfish and preserve as many of my favourites as possible probably.
9. Gilmore Girls- Team Dean, Jess, Logan or otherwise?
Team Jess ALL the way. I watched Gilmore Girls primarily because I already fancied Milo Ventimiglia so it was kind of inevitable really!
10. Which book/series do you think would make the best screen adaptation?
If they didn’t make an utter mess of it, I’d honestly die for an adaptation of the MMU books. I think I’d genuinely lose my mind if I ever got one!
11. What book would you recommend to me to read most of all?
I’m assuming this means you personally Lily? And if that’s the case Polar Bear Explorers’ Club because I’ve wanted you to read it for AGES and I’m so sure you’ll like it.
I’m not going to write any questions, but if anyone fancies doing these ones please feel free, and I’d love to hear what you think of my answers in the comments!