Hello everybody! Today, I’m taking part in Top Ten Tuesday, and this might be my favourite theme they’ve ever had! It’s about book titles that would make interesting songs, and I’ve tried to give a bit of detail about what the songs would be like and chat a wee bit about some of my favourite artists. Onto the post!
Love Songs for Sceptics
– this is the one where I have the most concrete idea of what it’d be. It’s a Sea Girls track, probably from around the Heavenly War era, cause they’re the masters of a sceptical love song.The Minute I Saw You-
this would be a much more straightforward love song maybe a George Ezra track? We’re well overdue some new music from him so if he’s looking for any ideas, here you go, George…A Treason of Thorns
– I don’t know why I like this as a song title so much, I just do. And since it’s a bit of an odd one, I’m giving it to the fabulous Billie Eilish to give it that slightly creepy, cool edge she’s just amazing at. I think it’d be set in a creepy forest.Heartbreak Boys
– this would be a Taylor Swift song, all about the boys who’ve broke her heart and how happy she is to be rid of them. Think thank u, next vibes.The Falling in Love Montage
– I think this would have to be a Taylor Swift song too, maybe Fearless era kind of vibes? Or Lover? It’d be about her “falling in love montage” with someone. And maybe the subsequent collapse of the relationship if she did one of her wee twists once it gets to the bridge?A Pocketful of Stars-
this is 100% an Oh Wonder song. I LOVE how many references to starts they have in their songs, so the tattoo I’m planning based on their work is star related.The Places I’ve Cried in Public
– literally I can HEAR Julia Michaels singing these words in my head. She’s got a lot of songs dedicated to her heart being broken and people treating her badly, so it just feels like a good fit for her really.Open Road Summer
– this is my fave Emery Lord book, and I’m giving this to my fave band Vistas. Their whole discography is pretty sunny and uplifting and I think they could do great things with a title like that!A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder
– this is going to the Killers, and it’s going to be an alternate version of my absolute FAVOURITE Killers song, which is Jenny Was a Friend of Mine (and kind of Midnight Show too, I guess, seeing that’s when the murder actually happens…). In this one, Jenny manages to turn the tables and kill her attacker.Fierce Fragile Hearts
– literally all of Sara Barnard’s songs would make amazing song titles, now I’m thinking about it. This is the one I have the least idea about who would sing it and stuff, I just think it’s too amazing a title not to choose it!
What book titles do you think would make great songs? Do you like the sound of any of mine? I’d love to hear in the comments! Amy x