Hello everybody! Today, for my final day of the 12 days of blogmas, I’m going to be doing the Christmas Eve book tag, which I saw on Aoife’s blog. Onto the post!
Can you believe it’s Christmas Eve?! Today, to finish off blogmas, I’m going to be speaking about my Christmas Eve and Christmas Day traditions
Onto the post!
• A fish supper- Every Christmas Eve we have a fish supper takeaway and even though I eat fish suppers at plenty of other times throughout the year (a lot, actually. Fish suppers are marvellous 😉 ) this one always signifies that Christmas is almost here.
• Watching films- Whether I stay downstairs with my family or go upstairs myself, I always watch films on Christmas Eve and at Christmas night (not usually Christmassy; we watch those in the weeks leading up to Christmas) I`m not QUITE sure what I`ll be watching this year yet (although I do know Pretty in Pink and The Proposal are strong contenders), but last year I snuggled up with Pretty Woman and Marley and Me.
• Eating Twilights- I don`t think I`ve done this for the past couple of years, but when I was a bit younger I always used to eat Twilights (chocolate sweets with crunchy mint inside, if you don`t know them) when I was opening my presents. In recent years I`ve opted for some Celebrations or Thorntons Smiles instead.
• We lose a giftcard/money- This tradition is not intentional but almost every year it happens. A giftcard stays in the envelope and ends up in the bin, it goes under the couch or down the back or it gets sat somewhere no one would think to look till next Christmas. Many a year has been spent hunting for a book token and similar, and it is a SCARY couple of minutes of hunting, let me tell you.
• Strictly Come Dancing/Mrs Brown`s Boys- These are the only Christmas TV show specials that I think we watch every year. They`re always a fab end to the day though, especially Strictly (I adore Strictly in general, and the Christmas show is always super festive and fun.)
Thank you so much for reading! Do you have any Christmas traditions? Do we have any in common? What Christmas TV do you tune into? Let me know in the comments below!