As you may know if you follow me on Twitter, yesterday was my birthday! Therefore, today I thought it would be fun to do the Birthday Book Tag, which was created a few years ago by Brunette Bibliophile.
1. Count your birthday along your bookshelf and then subtract your birth month. What book does it land on?
I counted along my storage boxes instead, and the book I came to was the Smoking Hourglass by Jennifer Bell, which is the 2nd of the Uncommoners trilogy. While I didn’t love it quite as much as the 1st book, I still enjoyed it and I can’t wait for book 3!
2. If you could spend your birthday with any fictional character who would it be and why?
Nick from the Geek Girl series, hands down. Even though things went quite wrong on Harriet’s birthday in Picture Perfect, I feel like Nick would plan something really special.
3. Find a book that takes place in the season you were born in.
A book that takes place in Autumn is The Mystery of the Vanishing Skeleton by Helen Moss, which is one of my favourite Adventure Island books (the others are The Mystery of the Hidden Gold and The Mystery of the Secret Room, if you’re interested!). Another one I love is Jolly Foul Play by Robin Stevens, in which Hazel and Daisy solve a murder that takes place on Bonfire Night.
4. Find a book that is the colour of your birthstone
My birthstone is a topaz, which is basically my least favourite gemstone ever, but I digress. It’s orange, and an orange book cover I love is Running on the Roof of the World! Please read it if you haven’t already!
5. Is there a series with the same number of books as your age? If so what is it?
There are 16 Ally’s world books, if you count the Christmas book and the summery follow up!
6. Pick a book set in a time period, world or country you would like to have been born in.
This one is hard! I think we’d all love to live in the Wizarding World though, and I’d also love to be an Uncommoner/see Nevermoor. I have one main one though, but as it’s a question in my upcoming Q&A post in the next month or so I’m staying schtum about it. *looks mysterious* 😉
Thank you for reading! I’m not going to tag anyone, but if you feel like it, I’d love to read your post!