Hello everybody! Today, I’m going to be doing the Bank Holiday Book Tag, which was created by Cora, in honour of it being a bank holiday at the moment! Onto the post!
1. Have a lie in. Which book could you lounge in bed with all morning?
I have lounged with every book in the Geek Girl series at least once, so in very predictable fashion I’m going with them.
2. Oh my goodness, it’s actually sunny outside! A book that makes you feel optimistic.
I don’t know if I’m fulfilling this prompt properly, but a book that I found incredibly uplifting was We Won an Island. It’s so full of sunshine and joy.
3. Spend some time outdoors. A book that reminds you of nature.
The one that comes to mind first is Kat Wolfe Takes the Case- it’s a great mystery which also really celebrates nature, the enviroment and animals.
4. Make some punch. A book that you find difficult to classify into one genre
A couple came to mind straight away so I’m going to mention both. Boy in The Tower is super hard to classify (and is one of my favourite books of all time) and all of Jennifer Killick’s don’t quite fit one category either; they blend a few really well.
5. Pass some food around. A book you want to share with everyone.
Ooh I don’t know. I don’t really have a book that’s one of my faves that would suit everyone.
6. Light the BBQ. A book that took a while to get going.
It took me a while to get into Check Mates by Stewart Foster but before long I was SO gripped and invested by Felix’s story.
7. Failed BBQ. A book that ultimately disappointed you.
Most recently Malamander disappointed me. I thought I was going to love it; the word that first comes to mind to describe it now is mediocre.
8. It’s raining. Of course. A book to curl up with when it’s raining outside.
I can’t remember my last time doing this (it rains ALL THE TIME in Scotland; they kind of just blend into each other) so a book I want to read when it’s raining is Twister. And every time it bloody rains, it isn’t convenient for me to read it and I really want the stars (and raindrops) to align so it happens soon.
9. Let’s just eat the chocolate. A book that’s super sweet.
Again, going to pick a recent one and go for Lily’s Just Fine. It was so feel good. The Flatshare (the other romance I read most recently!) is also really cosy and lovely, but has some darker moments which is why I opted for the first one.
What are your bank holiday plans? Do you have any thoughts on the books I’ve mentioned? I’d love to hear in the comments!